Privacy & security
Monacellars may need to collect personal information from each of its customers to provide services. We will protect this confidential information. The following information outlines how we collect, hold, secure, use and share your personal information.
What kinds of personal information do Monacellars collect and hold and how do Monacellars collect it?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you activate or use our services, interact with us, either in person, over the telephone or electronically (e.g. via websites, apps, social media posts, chats, telephone, emails and/or SMS) or as otherwise required by law. For example:
- your contact details including your name, email addresses, telephone numbers, residential and delivery addresses;
- your loyalty card number
The following are examples of how your personal data may be collected:
When you register to take part in our loyalty program:
- your contact details
- date of birth and gender
- information about your purchases from which you have earnt loyalty points from and your use of attained loyalty points.
When you shop with us online:
- Your contact details and loyalty account number
- Information about your orders
- ID that can be used to verify your age
Like many websites, tracking technologies, such as "cookies", are used to obtain certain types of information such as application activities, current location of your device, type and version of your browser, your device ID and other device metrics when you visit our websites, apps or our trusted partners’ websites or apps.
When you visit us in-store:
- Your contact details, your ID, and loyalty card number for in-store services such as pick up, home delivery or special orders;
- we may ask for your ID, such as your driver’s licence, if you purchase alcohol or tobacco;
- cameras (including security and smart cameras) may record footage and other data which may identify you; or
- your contact details if team members are investigating whether you may have breached any store procedures or if you are injured in any one of our stores or are witness to an incident.
When you contact us or we contact you to take part in competitions, promotions, testimonials, reviews, surveys, or make other enquiries:
- Your contact details.
When you purchase a Gift Card from us:
- The recipient’s name.
- your gift card ‘Card Number’
- balance on the gift card and its transaction history.
In accordance with the National Privacy Principles, Monacellars will not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose unless:
(a) You as the customer have consented to the use or disclosure; or
(b) We reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent;
(i) A serious and imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety; or
(ii) A serious threat to public health or public safety; or
(c) The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
(d) It is otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles.
Monacellars will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept secure from unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse or modification.
When your order has been satisfied, we will archive your order in a storage area which we can access only when necessary. After 7 years from archiving your order, we will erase your order if we do not require your personal information anymore.
If you require any further information about the way we collect, use and secure your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact Monacellars.